StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
17,388 Posts
Reasonable and Ohlins do not go hand in hand, hope you can find a decent deal.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That's the shock I bought new. Have to say I had my problems with it. Hard to nail a used price, maybe 400-550. They can be rebuilt, but I don't know about paying much more for a used shock. Mine came from the factory all screwed up. After I got it back for repairs my suspension guy was still not impressed with the rebound dampening. Still a big improvement over stock. Originally came with the wrong spring also. Their quality control must be lacking. Maybe drinking some strange brew on the job, eh?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the shock I bought new. Have to say I had my problems with it. Hard to nail a used price, maybe 400-550. They can be rebuilt, but I don't know about paying much more for a used shock. Mine came from the factory all screwed up. After I got it back for repairs my suspension guy was still not impressed with the rebound dampening. Still a big improvement over stock. Originally came with the wrong spring also. Their quality control must be lacking. Maybe drinking some strange brew on the job, eh?
Appreciate the info. Since it would be coming off a gentlemans strom who already used it for 16k miles, hopefully any issues would have been ironed out.
Shame there were any issues whatsoever for you, considering the premium price they charge. Had heard good things about their products overall...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$400 sounds reasonable to me. I would factor in a service and check to see if the spring on it will work for your weight.
Cogent Dynamics can do the service for you and are good people.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Spring was originally for 250lb rider plus cargo.
I weigh a little under 200. Figured it would be an upgrade over stock no matter what.
If I get it, will def look in to Cogent. Also saw Ohlins dose service/ rebuild for 110$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts