StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today I was lubricating my chain and noticed that the rear wheel on my Vee is not turning smoothly. Chain is not very tense and has some play. A friend thinks maybe worn out break pads are causing this. So I pressed on the rear break and was kind of hard.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
bearings, perhaps?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anybody had issues with wheel bearings?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Try taking the rear caliper off to check. The sliders or piston may be sticking.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Put a finger on the end of the axle and spin the wheel. If a bearing is bad, you'll feel the axle rumble.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
If needed, common industrial bearings can be used with excellent results. The rear wheel takes two 6204-2RS with built in seals. The carrier bearing for the sprocket is a 62/32-2RS. A local bearing supply house or good auto parts store will have these bearings or can get them easily. While everything is apart, check that the rubber dampers in the rear wheel are tight enough to hold the sprocket in place when you hold the wheel on its side--renew them if they're loose.

By the way, the Vee fronts are also 6204-2RS, and the Wee fronts are 6203-2RS.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Real Shelby had the genius idea of putting shims behind the rubbers to hold them out a little for better support.

I too believe the cush hub bearing is a periodic maintainable item

1 - 10 of 10 Posts