StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put a new rear tyre on my 1000, would like to hear some recommendations on what to have, going to spain touring on it in a few weeks, thought of the bridgestone batalax?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm about to put a new rear tyre on my 1000, would like to hear some recommendations on what to have, going to spain touring on it in a few weeks, thought of the bridgestone batalax?
Hi Steve, There's just about every tyre recc here:

http://11109.rapidforum.com/area=41

On my KLV1000 there are Road Pilots,(courtesy of prev. owner) seem to feel fine & apparently wear okay, tho' i've only done a thousand or so on it (spare bike!).
On my DL650 i'm currently on Avon Distanzias, which seem to suit my riding style & have a good 'feel' ~ fine in the wet, even with my heavy right hand!
I'm also going down to Spain (July) to play in the sand & do some offroad trails, which i want to do with the Distanzias on.
cheers, steve

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
i got 12000 miles outta my stock rear, so i put another on, wasnt a bad tyre

do sometimes wonder how much difference a street only tyre would make

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A1

just got back from spain, france, pyrenees with the new batlax rear tyre, 3 days of rain some dodgy road surfaces and it stuck like glue, also had pillion and got caught out on some nasty bends but tyre perfomed 100%

·
Registered
16 Posts
just got back from spain, france, pyrenees with the new batlax rear tyre, 3 days of rain some dodgy road surfaces and it stuck like glue, also had pillion and got caught out on some nasty bends but tyre perfomed 100%
Excellent! ...........any thoughts on a ride report? ...(cos i'm off that way at end of this month:))

cheers, steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts