StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, how do I check to see if the P.O. didn't jack with the spring rate on the rear suspension on my 09 Wee? I know he upgraded the fronts to racetech progressive springs. It just feels like the preload in back is always too low. I just put on a set of hard bags and if I put in 20lbs worth of stuff, no matter how high I jack the preload - it always feels like the rear is squatting. I have set the front to the minimum and the rear to max to no affect.

Is there a identifier on the rear spring to tell me its OEM or if he changed it? In fact - I'm not even sure if he didn't change the dogbones for shorty ones. They are currently 5.5" long center to center.

I weigh ~180 fully geared up.:confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind about the dogbones - just read up on a Greywolf post that the stock units are 140mm ~= 5.5"

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That sounds like a stock setup to me. The stock spring is too light for riders much over 150lbs. I've never heard of anybody replacing it with a lighter one. Stock springs are chromed. Replacements are almost always painted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a stock setup to me. The stock spring is too light for riders much over 150lbs. I've never heard of anybody replacing it with a lighter one. Stock springs are chromed. Replacements are almost always painted.
Hrmmm - it looks silver painted, but not chromed. I have read thru the preload adjustment issue - and mine works fine (the preloader extends/retracts as required).

Question - there is a small straight head screw in the body of the BOTTOM of the shock mount. It has a H and S arrows (H going CCW and S going CW). I'm assuming it has something to do with bottomout. True?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrmmm - it looks silver painted, but not chromed. I have read thru the preload adjustment issue - and mine works fine (the preloader extends/retracts as required).

Question - there is a small straight head screw in the body of the BOTTOM of the shock mount. It has a H and S arrows (H going CCW and S going CW). I'm assuming it has something to do with bottomout. True?
Ok, again with the nevermind. Just had to dig enough. That is the dampening adjustment. Ok.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It may be paint at that. If it is silver, it is stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts