StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you order though Race Tech turns out they send you an Eibach spring........for 120ish dollars. No wonder I couldn't find the Race Tech P/N on Amazon:thumbdown:

My buddy sent me a picture of the box so I did some Amazon searching.

Using the part number on the box 0800.225.0XXX where the XXXs are the spring rate you want in lbs/in.

They are less than 70 dollars on amazon and there are some that are Amazon prime for those that have Prime. I just ordered mine today with next day shipping for 73 dollars total. Plan to put it in this weekend.

Hopes this helps some folks. I wouldn't have minded if the Race Tech "part" was 80 or so dollars but 120? For a spring you can buy elsewhere for under 70. No thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That was one of the reasons I went with Daugherty Motorsports, $85 for the spring and spacers and that was the installed price when I sent the shock in for service.
I should have a report on the shock soon, I pulled the bike apart to paint it and service the fork and haven't had time to get it back together yet, I can't wait to feel the difference in the shock after his service and the new spring.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So if you order though Race Tech turns out they send you an Eibach spring........for 120ish dollars. No wonder I couldn't find the Race Tech P/N on Amazon:thumbdown:

My buddy sent me a picture of the box so I did some Amazon searching.

Using the part number on the box 0800.225.0XXX where the XXXs are the spring rate you want in lbs/in.

They are less than 70 dollars on amazon and there are some that are Amazon prime for those that have Prime. I just ordered mine today with next day shipping for 73 dollars total. Plan to put it in this weekend.

Hopes this helps some folks. I wouldn't have minded if the Race Tech "part" was 80 or so dollars but 120? For a spring you can buy elsewhere for under 70. No thanks.
Does that spring direct fit or does it require the collars that Racetech sells separately?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddie's rear spring came with no extra parts. Just a spring in a box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just tried to order the three spacers Race Tech claims one needs to install the spring from my local dealer. Apparently the canadian distributor has discontinued those parts which begs the question: Does one really need them to properly install the spring?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said my buddy ordered his straight from Race Tech and the box came with just a spring in it. No spacers or adapters or anything like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anyone installed a Eibach spring without collars? The eibach spring part # shows it to be a 8in in x 2.25in spring. I was told the stock spring is a slightly different size and the collars make it fit better. There was a thread on here about it. I plan on sending my shock to Daugherty this fall for a rebuild as that seems to be the best deal....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stoke and myself both isntalled these springs without the collars. He ordered his direct from Race Tech and they did not come with any kind of collars. It will work without them but the spring doesn't fit as well as the original one. There's some "play" for lack of a better word because the spring seems to have a slightly larger diameter.

The only thing Iwould change on the installation is to add some washer or spacers between the preload adjuster and the EIbach spring. We were able to get our sag just to within the window but had to max out the preload adjuster.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stoke and myself both isntalled these springs without the collars. He ordered his direct from Race Tech and they did not come with any kind of collars. It will work without them but the spring doesn't fit as well as the original one. There's some "play" for lack of a better word because the spring seems to have a slightly larger diameter.

The only thing Iwould change on the installation is to add some washer or spacers between the preload adjuster and the EIbach spring. We were able to get our sag just to within the window but had to max out the preload adjuster.
Good to know. Eibachs are a great spring. The collars would take up the play and make the preload adjusting better IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts