StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the veritable horns of a dilemna. Rebuild rear shock at sasquatch, get a Wilburs custom made, buy the Progressive 1 inch lower, or use Daugherty? Elka and OHlins too rich for my blood.

I am not racing, just touring mostly, any recommendations...

Thanks peeps.

uncaged

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Daugherty rebuild with spring for my weight and damping adjusted. Good price, certainly better than stock. Just give him some time, not a fast turnaround, so best do it in the off season.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK

Really looking at Daugherty as the best bang for buck, wonder years in Rochester, miss the real wings, and the the garbage plate at Nick Tahoes...

uncaged

·
Administrator
17,372 Posts
I will likely go with Sasquatch when it comes time, he does quality work with quick turn around.

·
Vendor
5,361 Posts
+1 on Sasquatch for a rebuild, but we also sell the progressive suspension at lower prices than you might think if you call. There are manufacturer minimum advertised price policies for web pages. Call for best price!

Aftermarket Rear Shocks - AdventureTech, LLC.

"Wilbers" was the shock of choice for V-Strom for years (see VSRI), but I haven't heard much about them in a while. I used one of their rear shock springs on my stock wee shock with great results.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey richland rick,

I sent you an email about a month ago after a phone conversation.
enquired about the progressive shock and swapping some links.

Honestly, is the sasquatch upgrade better than the progressive shock?
I would like to keep the remote preload, but its not a dealbreaker either way...

uncaged

·
Administrator
17,372 Posts
The Progressive is a nice shock for the money, and you can also get it with remote preload. :fineprint:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Know, but for that much money I would be all in for a Wilburs...

Looking for best bang for buck...

Thanks Big B.

uncaged

1 - 10 of 10 Posts