StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wore out the rear shock on my 2012 650 and am looking for options. Do not want to send it out anywhere for rebuild because I do not want to be without a bike.
Also a new OEM one is out of the question due to the price. ($1100... No really. )

So it is either a used or and aftermarket. My questions are do the previous gen shocks (04-11) fit? And what aftermarkets have people used that do not break the bank?

There are a few used on eBay but more for previous gens, so if they are the same I will just run one of those.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts
Denniskirk.com offers a Progressive for under $500. I have used Progressive before on a Bandit 1200, a good product, better than stock. When the time comes for my vstrom I will probably go that way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didn't need the remote preload adjustment, so I was able to upgrade to an Ohlins for 550.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
If you slap another oem one on there it's gonna go too, so buy a used one, send it to Daugherty and have him build one to suit you. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Oh and do the forks too next winter......

DL
1000 shocks will fit the 6fiddy

·
Registered
60 Posts
The best rear shock I have ever had was a Marzocchi with ZERO adjustments. Once set up right I never touched it again, just enjoyed the performance. Sometimes more adjustability is just more ways to get it wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts