StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

My rear shock is pretty much done for my 2011 DL650 at 130,000km. It's currently my daily rider until the snow sticks.
Does anyone know where I can get a used, lower mileage, OEM or aftermarket shock? I prefer something closer to home if possible.

Given the age of the bike, I'm not too inclined to spend tons of money for a brand new shock (aftermarket or OEM).

What say you? Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
I have the original shock for my 2006 DL650 sitting in the shed. I didn't replace it because of any issues but because I got a better shock. I don't recall what mileage I removed it and think it was working all right.

Let me know if that might work for you.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
My rear shock is pretty much done for

Prolly riding today at 10 below did the poor thing in >:)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the original shock for my 2006 DL650 sitting in the shed. I didn't replace it because of any issues but because I got a better shock. I don't recall what mileage I removed it and think it was working all right.

Let me know if that might work for you.

..Tom
Thanks Tom - email sent.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
One of these days we should set up a GTA swap and sell meet ....there is so much sitting around .....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Have got bikes just to part out over the years and did ok on them. Still have way too many bikes and OLD parts.Sold a few old Harley bits to a shop I found in Tenn. Have gave more away than sold the last few years.Lots of it was given to me to move it. Got a Harley frame gave to me last month and may try to get it this week.Hope its a hard tail but bet its a 80s or so shovel.Her late spouse rode with me some way back and she told me she just wanted it out of the way.If I had another barn bet it would be full all so. My wife says I am sick and now a sick old man.I agree now but that don't keep me from wanting about one of every kind of bike!:surprise:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts