StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed my front suspension and now I'm on to the rear, i have the rear shock out of the bike, unsure of how to disassemble it, i can't seem to find a thread about it either. maybe someone can point me in the right direction? 2007 dl1000

·
Registered
251 Posts
Stock rear shock isn't serviceable. Well, it is, but it's not a DIY project for the weekend handyman.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that, and I know it is 100% possible to change the spring on it, I'd say a weekend handyman is a very large understatement. Been a mechanic on and off my entire life and I service and modify all my vehicles other then engine internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
"Disassemble" usually refers to rebuilding when referring to shocks. I guess you weren't clear of your intentions, and I made an assumption. Yes, the spring can be removed.

Remove the shock, back the preload all the way out, loosen the screw (Allen) on the preload cylinder, press down on the preload cylinder, then remove the snap ring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much! I guess my post was a bit vague. I knew it had to be something simple like that. Thanks again man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not a problem, and glad to help. The Allen screw keeps things aligned properly. Might not be a bad idea to make a reference mark before you loosen it so you can drop it right back in the same spot without having to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
"Disassemble" usually refers to rebuilding when referring to shocks. I guess you weren't clear of your intentions, and I made an assumption. Yes, the spring can be removed.

Remove the shock, back the preload all the way out, loosen the screw (Allen) on the preload cylinder, press down on the preload cylinder, then remove the snap ring.
Here is the link to replace the rear spring with a hyperpro. Many thanks to the UK Strom site.......

[0005] Changing the Rear Spring on the DL1000

Cheers FS

Reactions: pinballer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts