StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of just strapping stuff like my sleeping bag, tent, gas can's etc to the seat, I figured I would try to design and make my own platform. I made the support bars out of 1" square steel, and the platform will be 3/16" aluminum that I will get water jet cut. Here's what I have made up so far.
Just finished welding the nuts on and sandblasted

fresh paint

Starting the cardboard template

Bolted down to check spacing and general fit

I have to finish measuring it all out for lightening holes and a couple big holes for access to the bag locks. The final product will also have a 1" tall border around it so nothing slides off.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After one year, I FINALLY have it done.. it took the shop 6 weeks to make instead of the one he promised but in the end I'm pretty happy with it. This will maybe make the trip across the TLH a little easier :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
How much stuff to take ?

WOW you need to go to some packing seminars, you definately have too much stuff. I pack all my stuff in 2 dirt bagz and one top case bag. Lugging all that stuff around makes it awfully heavy. :yikes:

Less is more......................Kieth

After one year, I FINALLY have it done.. it took the shop 6 weeks to make instead of the one he promised but in the end I'm pretty happy with it. This will maybe make the trip across the TLH a little easier :)

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Very cool........

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
all the holes are the same size except for those larger ones. what gives??

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all the holes are the same size except for those larger ones. what gives??
My original design was over the stock seat and would have set one inch lower. The big holes would have allowed me to open the bags from the top. With my Corbin, I had to raise the rack and I am able to open them from underneath. The shop wasn't supposed to cut those big holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts