StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall Kasin (sp) used to make a converter for certain motorcycles that would convert your front and rear turn signals to running lights. (It also could act to sett cancel the turn signals).

Anyone have running light converts for the 2012+ DL650A

·
Registered
359 Posts
I recall Kasin (sp) used to make a converter for certain motorcycles that would convert your front and rear turn signals to running lights. (It also could act to sett cancel the turn signals).

I had running lights set up on my Bandit, front only though. All it takes is two relays, one for each side, and wiring the signals to the normally closed side. Won't self cancel of course. Just realize that each bulb is 23 watts, so that's 92 extra watts of continuous draw.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe you're referring to the Kisan Signal Minder, where you replace your flasher with theirs, wire in options for running lights, flashing brake lights (which also flash the running lights, front and rear), self-cancel signals are a feature. I have it on my FJR, along with a Whelen StripLite (bright 96 LED's) which has amber signals to the rear (lit up as running lights). Probably the 'worst case' you could have with all the brightness.......

So far, nobody's bothered me about the amber running lights, even LEO's who wanted to give me performance awards.. but I haven't been to California......

The self-cancel signals are electronic. You modify your turn signal switch (easy and reversible) with springs to return it to neutral every time you use it. The circuit is 'latched', and you can set the cancel interval to 10-20-30 flashes. You cancel the signals manually if you want by pressing and holding for 1 second. Hitting the brakes restarts the sequence if you're mid-sequence, good at stop lights. Not bad, not necessarily in love with it, but I like the running light feature.

A simpler option is the adapters from SV Racing.....

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts

well there is this....convert signals to running lights/brake lights and keep turn signal function........no turn signal cancel though.....

Sound Off Recreational, Inc. - Safety Lighting Products

not specifically what your looking for but these guys make some good additional lighting stuff......

AdMore Lighting Inc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts