StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at pics of the "Pair of stroms" bikes and it seems they have a bracket on the rear rack
for support
cant find it anywhere and want it real bad as the rack flexes a lot
can anyone help

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think you are referring to bracing bracket that comes with the Givi topcase mounting plate - SR/SRA 3105.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well now I think that's the one
now if I can buy the parts for it without the whole kit
I have a shad mount now and want a brace
although it may cost more to part it out
is it a lot more solid with the brace
thanks a lot guys for the info

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bracket

You probably need all the hardware to get the solid support you are looking for. But if you don't need the aluminum top plate, you can also go with the $50 cheaper GIVI 'plastic' version, which seems to have the same bracket setup. - Otherwise you got all the individual part numbers in the installation PDF.

:smile2:

Givi SR3105 Top Case Rack Suzuki V-Strom 1000 2014-2015 - RevZilla

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have this Givi top case bracket. The support bars underneath are bolted to the aluminum top plate, through the bike's rear rack. The support bars do not attach to the rear rack directly. The bolts go from the top case mounting plate, through the rear rack and into the support bars underneath.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I too have this support kit but am using it with my own custom top plate.
The one thing that I have noticed is the hardware that came with the kit is sub par.
The two bolts that support the rear of the rack closest to the front of the bike both sheared through at the threads. Mind you I am only carrying an empty box on the back of the bike for commuting.
The other issue is the hardware kept coming loose. I remedied that with all new hardware and nylocks since then it have been fine. I would advise swapping out all the hardware from the start with better grade (5 or 8) or stainless in 12.9 if you can find it.

Here you can see how the stock rack is sandwiched in the kit for use with the under tail supports.

https://dsm8.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Modifications/2014DL1000/i-Qp3tHtN/0/L/CA_06181522104601-L.jpg

This is the underside, sorry poor pic

https://dsm8.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Modifications/2014DL1000/i-3g8bDvC/0/L/CA_06181522103129-L.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts