StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The rear rack is probably the shabbiest looking piece on my bike (since everything else looks relatively brand new lol). I also wasn't too fond of all that silver on the back... so today I had an idea! I went to Pep Boys and bought some spray can Bed Liner. I've only painted the underside so far, and it was dark, but here is a pic to keep you interested :D

This piece is gonna look BAD ASS when I'm done!

UPDATE: finished pics added! This bed liner looks good, but it's not adhering very well. Any sharp impact to the coat will chip it. It is very scratch resistant however lol.

Attachments

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Watch out.......... You'll go crazy with the stuff after awhile. Nearly my whole bike is sprayed with it........

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch out.......... You'll go crazy with the stuff after awhile. Nearly my whole bike is sprayed with it........

HAHA nice! If I ever horribly scrape up the bike, I might do that :D

How does the bed liner look when you clean the bike nice and thoroughly?

My rack looks really nice right now lol, I hope it stays that way :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did the stock bash plate in rhino liner, the previous owner had painted it badly and the paint was flaking off, looks good and rugged, and cleans up well. I may do some other parts over the winter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the stock bash plate in rhino liner, the previous owner had painted it badly and the paint was flaking off, looks good and rugged, and cleans up well. I may do some other parts over the winter.
Make sure you let it dry in a non-humid, non-cold environment, non-dirty environment :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Actually in a moment (or two) of fiscal stupidity, I had it done by rhino liner at their shop, paid a bundle fot it but they really did a nice job.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
How does the bed liner look when you clean the bike nice and thoroughly?
For those that know me and have ridden with me, they are reading your question and are laughing, (not at you!!!).

Since April of this year, I have washed my motorcycle twice. The first time was in July, (that's my avatar pic). The second time was about a week after I got home from that trip.

That's probably good enough until next April. :rolleyes:

The product that I have used, with great success is this:

B.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are 2 upper coating teaser pix :D

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished pics added to the original post! Advise!!!: you should probably sand the metal down before attempting to do this... It chips against sharp objects rather easily. VERY scratch resistant tho lol.

I will probably redo it this winter with a proper sanding and perhaps "Herculiner" instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts