StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone briefly outline the steps for removing the body-colored rear quarter panel? It looks to require taking out the pillion grab bars.

My service manual is taking it's sweet time to get to me, and I'd like to start my big wiring project. There's a switched 12v lead inside the left one that I want to mod, and plant my new EB relay in there.

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Greywolf. Somehow I knew I'd see your response by the time I got into work this morning. :thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did this. Popped right off.

From reading pre-2012 threads, I get the impression that the Tupperware on the old bikes is much more ornery when you try to pull it off.

·
38,104 Posts
Did this. Popped right off.

From reading pre-2012 threads, I get the impression that the Tupperware on the old bikes is much more ornery when you try to pull it off.
It's really little different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The luggage rack has to come off. Remove the four bolts. Then the entire side panel from tank to rear comes off by removing the two visible bolts and two plastic rivets, one at the top rear and one at the bottom center. Plastic fairing rivets (Push pins - pop rivets). How do they work?

Pat,

Found this in a search and it was really helpful! Thanks. I was able to get these pulled off enough to get at the brake wire and connect my trigger wire from my new Eastern Beaver fuse block. I have a ton of those kind of body pins on the front bodywork of my Toyotas but I don't think they push in to pop out!

One other thing that puzzled me it it appears to me that the last 2 fairing pieces (meaning the non painted near the battery and the one behind it are screwed together on the inside? I couldn't see any way to get the battery area pieces off without removing the grab rail and the rearward painted piece. There appears to be a single Phillips screw on a little pillar connecting those 2 pieces. Am I missing something?

·
38,104 Posts
The book says to remove the luggage rack to get the side panels off. That's what I did. I haven't investigated other possibilities. I made sure I have easy bolt access when I installed my top box mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts