StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry for posting another preload question - i searched the threads and could not find this particular issue. Maybe I am blind.

I have a 2004 Wee which i got last year. So far, no issues, i am happy. While I was going over regular maintenance for the season, I decided to stiffen up the rear suspension a bit since i am a pretty big guy and often ride with a passenger.

The preload adjustment knob turns freely, and clicks in process, but I cannot see any lines on the top part of the shock, or any movement above the top line of the spring. I tried this with the bike on center stand and on the ground, and nothing seems to be happening. I get to the end of the adjuster travel, it gets stiff and wont turn anymore, yet there is no change on the shock whatsoever. It looks like the shock is in the no-preload position, as there is no space between the "perch" and the top line of the spring.

What is going on?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Vlad

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I'll bet all the hydraulic fluid has leaked out of the collar. Are there any oil stains on the shock, hose or adjuster?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts