StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
seems kinda....open....
did that to a buddies yzf, maybe you need a hugger fender on the swingarm?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i'm kinda mixed on how it looks. maybe a hugger would do some good. At least it does't look like a moped from the back now. I think I'm just going to throw on a couple lightning bolts for the tag light.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
forget the fender ! someone stole 1/2 of your exhaust system :bom_glasses:
Now it's gonna sound like a wee:devil_16:

·
Registered
708 Posts
get some of those led plate screws to light the plate so the po-leese can't give ya no guff about it (depending on the local legality and constabulatory)

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Cool idea. I've been thinking about doing this for a while. That thing is UGLY!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'd like to see a view from the side and from a little farther back. I cant tell if I like it from those angles.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Agreed, i think it's ugly. How did you cut it off?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool idea. I've been thinking about doing this for a while. That thing is UGLY!
Um... The whole bike is ugly! :D

I like the rear fender. It turned out to be a good place to stick my AMA member sticker.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Good for you. I'm close to doing a similar thing, although in dear old TX, we need to keep reflectors and the plate light to pass inspection:(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have the lighted tag bolts ordered. Don't ride much at night so it'll be ok till then. Yeah, I kinda noticed the red side reflectors had no place to go after I did it, lol. We don't have inpections of any kind here in KS.

·
Registered
597 Posts
thanks for the additional pics. the first one is exactly what I was looking for. I think it looks great. The tail section now reminds me of some of the bikes from the early 80's. Like the early supersport bikes. i like it. I think I'll make that mod soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm really liking it now, it was just vastly different at first. I'm seriously looking at the Holeshot hugger, 14t front spocket, slip-on muffler, and some other stuff from them . I'm no tourer, going sportbikish with the Wee.

·
Registered
75 Posts
im diggin this... and am trying to find a way to make it shorter. i want to fab something like the R1's rear fender and remove the stock exhaust and do something like what the r6s have. how hard would it be to relocate that key
?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts