StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking up an 04 Vee last week i was rear ended last night at a crosswalk with my girlfriend. We were lucky to walk away although we are a little injured the bike will be fixed and survive. The main question I have now is exhaust upgrades what mufflers are offered as a direct slip on ? as one of the mufflers is going to be replaced on the claim.

I remember seeing a 2 brothers exhaust but are there any others ? looking for a maximum horsepower gain regardless of noise. thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have to say, kind of a weird post: "Rear ended last night, let's talk mufflers". :confused:

Anyway, glad you're okay. Nothing to contribute about mufflers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm well tempted to ask a question about the context of your rear ending your girlfriend on a crossing, but I'd probably get told off, so I wont. Any walk away is a good thing!

I'm looking at mounting some bright LEDs at moment. White ones on the crash bars and hand guards and red next to the rear number plate and up high somewhere as well. The law down here is crazy in restricting mounting extra lights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a hindal titanium slip on,no remapping, baffle in, not to loud. 2005- 650 strom

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
You'll need a Power Commander with any aftermarket exhaust, including the 2bros.

I know you said you don't care about noise, but the 2bros exhausts are hugely, enormously, painfully, loud. Really, really loud. Godzilla before his coffee loud. The kind of racket that gets you kicked out of your neighborhood and invited to the next poker run.

Seriously. These damn things are just way too loud to live with if you ever go anywhere more than 10 minutes from home. Unless you enjoy splitting headaches.

Staintune, Akrapovic, Holeshot, and a few others make exhausts that are also lighter and offer a small performance increase, but I don't think any of them are anywhere near as unholy loud as Two Brothers.

My bike was wearing 2bros exhausts when I bought it. Fortunately, the seller included the stock exhausts, which I bolted on as soon as the headache from the ride home subsided a bit. (Yes, I wear good earlplugs. You think a lousy 33db reduction makes much difference to the GOD of THUNDER bellowing three feet from your ears?)

I sold the 2bros exhausts, and even after duly warning the buyer that they're really REALLY (I mean it) loud, he emailed me after he got them to say "HOLY CRAP these are loud!" I believe he sold them to someone else after I declined to buy them back.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
"Rear ended at a crosswalk" meaning not at an intersection? Those types of crosswalks have always scared me -- I think many drivers are unaware that you're supposed to stop when someone is waiting to cross, and don't expect the guy in front of them to stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts