StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the insanely great improvement the Progressive Suspension fork springs made to the front end of my bike, I'm considering upgrading the rear suspension as well.

Are the choices pretty much limited to Ohlins and Wilburs for shocks and springs if I want to retain the convenience of the remote preload adjuster? Both brands seem outrageously expensive at around $900 for the shock, spring and remote adjuster parts, alone. Does anyone know if there are more reasonably priced alternatives out there?

Heck, I'd be happy to find a vendor who sells a progressively wound rear spring that works with the factory shock and preload adjuster. Thanks in advance to everyone!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Rear upgrade

Wilbur sells just a spring upgrade. That may be just the ticket for the rear end.

·
Registered
351 Posts
s

Woofy

Look under the topic of Rear Shock it describes the options with the Wilbers. OEM coil is 8.3 Kg/mm, Wilbers offers a 10.1 Kg/mm at $116.00 US. The problem with just installing the coil into the OEM shock is that you are stuck with the original Damping. I was wondering when you were going to start considering the rear shock. I find the rear shock the week link in the suspension. I think this is where a lot of the wallowing is coming from.

Scooter, thanks for the PM on the springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts