StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the wheel off to replace the rotor, chain and general cleanup.....and found this (after removing the dust cover, but the bearings and missing bearings were visible just by looking down at it). There was also a whole wad of shredded plastic and maybe metal in the track (which I picked out with a screwdriver b4 taking pic). I assume the bearing at itself up and somehow 6 or so bb's were expelled ?? When I see a replacement bearing for the carrier, it appears to be the sealed cartridge type, correct. Just want to make sure I'm ordering what I need to get this back on the road. Thanks in advance.
I think this is what I need? - 62/32-2RS

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Can't help you with the number, but you should replace the wheel bearings too. Given the state of the carrier bearing they have likely been overloaded.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yikes...that's crazy!

Yes; 62/32-2RS is what I bought for my '04 1000.

For sure check your wheel bearings; and since you're in there (if you haven't already), consider the AdventureTech rear wheel spacer mod.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
and when you get into replacing the wheel bearings, there are quite a few threads, hints, and great helpful ideas on this site as well as VSRI. Use this search engine, or just Google. Personally, I would have never thought to put the bearings in the freezer for an hour before installing -- but by googling 'replace rear wheel bearings stromtrooper', I found lots to read. Ha, you can teach an old dog new tricks! Hope it goes well.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Looks like my whole setup when I got the bike. New wheel and carrier bearings and seals, modified spacer from adventuretech and new cush rubbers fixed it up. If you don't have one - borrow, rent or buy a set of bearing drivers. Works better than the caveman methods and you don't have to worry about destroying your new seals and bearings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I made my own bearing drivers from brass from the scrap bin, but I purchased the motion pro bearing removal tool. Also if that is the stock bearing the way I understand it is the stock Suzuki bearings don't have the grease seal on both sides, just one, if you get all balls bearings it has a grease seal on both sides.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Harbor Freight has a blind bearing puller that to me has been worth its weight in gold. No more trying to drive bearing out with a hammer and drift. Recently bought a set of bearing drivers as well. After years of beating the piss out of sockets I thought it was time to buy the right tool for the job. Both the puller and driver sets I don't think l I have $75 total wrapped up.

On to the bearings. Skip All Ball and Moose bearing package becasue for a few dollars more you can get quality know manufacturer bearings.

Here's a link to partszilla. IF you look at the bearing it give you the bearing size - The rear wheel bearings are Suzuki part number 08123-62047. The 4 numbers after the hyphen are the bearing size. So the rear wheel takes two (2) 6204 bearings.You want to buy 6204 2RS bearings. The 2RS simply means there are runner sealed both sides You could bet 1 RS or if you did not want the bearing to be sealed then just eh bearing number.

Shown in the link is the rear wheel for a 2012 DL650:

• Rear wheel bearing (part number 16 on the diagram) - Two (2) 6204 2RS
  • Rear wheel disc side seal(part number 17 on the diagram)- One (1) 28mm x 47mm x 7mm single lip end shaft seal.
  • Cush drive bearing(part number 14 on the diagram)
    - One (1)
    3204 2RS
  • Cush drive seal(part number 15 on the diagram)- One (1) 39mm x 67mm x 7mm
You can also order bearing if you know the I.D. x O.D. x WIDTH. For example if you searched for a 32mm x 65mm x 17mm bearing it would direct you to use a 6204 bearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts