StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Vee has been in the shop for a couple days, getting 67,500 service and new inner rear fender

mechanic notices the pin holding the pads on the rear caliper was bent and has been bent for some time :confused:

only think I can think of was on a ride 6 months ago, I swerved to avoid a car that pulled in front of me and the car barely made contact with my pelican 1550/caribou

the pelican musta banged into the caliper

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If it is the retaining pin for the shoes I have no idea how that could be bent in any sort of impact to the bike. My guess is the shoes have been working back and forth or were installed wrong. Maybe brake piston in caliper has issues and is not pushing squarely on shoes.

Either way its a cheap part that takes no time to R&R unless it is so bent it will not come out.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arrgh!

when my shop got the bike all back together, 67.5k service, replace rear inner fender (ya, everything from the battery box back)

mechanic starts it to take a test ride, headlights don't work, service manager calls me,` I tell him to look at the starter switch, yep, it was fried or rather corroded and broken, now I have a KLX control pod on the right side, but the headlighs are still giong out intermitent, mechanic traced the problem to a bad ground, he added a couple extra ground wires

I see a new wire harness in the future

to replace the damaged inner fender (from studded tire bottoming out before I upgraded the suspension) several bolts had to be cut, new bungs welded etc.

:yikes: I'm paying the price for riding in winter, dealer treated me good, they only charged me 8 hrs labor instead of the 17.1 it took and I got my regular discount to boot

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Well at least your weather should be pretty nice this year

Could you hit the screws with a little paint to seal them from the salt etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts