StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I installed a pair of new SW Motech footpegs it's difficult to use the rear brake because the pedal it's higher than the footpeg. I tried to adjust it the best I could but I'm at the limit and it's still high. When I use boots I find a little difficult to use the pedal.
Does anyone knows if there is any adjustable brake pedals in the market?
Any suggestions?
Thank you...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes... You know how annoying it is to have to lift your foot to properly hit the pedal instead of slightly lift the instep. When you're in an area with many curves or traffic is a big hassle.
It´s common to find after market shifters but not brake pedals, I don´t know why!
I will try to do what you suggest and send a picture of the job!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are you sure the nuts were completely loose when you were trying to adjust it? I fitted lowering blocks (on a different bike, I have them on the V-Strom too, but the V-Strom pedal moves with the bracket) and it was no problem to adjust the pedal to be an inch lower.

Gustavo

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I saw, that Push rod has just an small thread so there´s no much to regulate. I´n in the limit but the pedal it still high. Someone told me to heat the pedal and bend it to get the desired position...

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
As I saw, that Push rod has just an small thread so there´s no much to regulate. I´n in the limit but the pedal it still high. Someone told me to heat the pedal and bend it to get the desired position...

The rod has threads on both ends. You rotate the rod to thread it in/out of the master cylinder there's quite a bit of adjustment.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just pretzled my rear brake pedal last evening - wrapped it around my SW Motech peg - managed to straighten it well enough to get out of the bush and ordered a new one this morning - $75.00 - OUCH! :yikes: - I will post my adjustment-findings when I receive and install the new pedal. Like the OP I found the pedal to be too high in relation to the SW Motech pegs.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I just pretzled my rear brake pedal last evening - wrapped it around my SW Motech peg - managed to straighten it well enough to get out of the bush and ordered a new one this morning - $75.00 - OUCH! :yikes: -.
Sound like you need a brake snake, Google it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Moved to the general forum. All 650s have the same rear brake pedal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts