StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone know of a fix or even a add-on for the Vstrom rear brake pedal to get more grip?

I find mine is slippery when wet. Could be my boots but never had this problem on past bikes. The surface even though it is rough becomes very slippery when wet. I'd hate to think what it would be like if i got mud on it.

I think Touratech had something but cant find one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I replaced the brake lever on my Vee a while back after a Ford encounter.

On my bench I have the old lever with a broken tip, and one of those Tusk lever tips. They've been there for several months.

Perhaps I should get on the stick and bring them together...

Anyway, if you poke around on ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts, Motocross Gear, Motorcycle parts and Motorcycle Tires | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for "tusk brake lever tip" there's that spring-loaded universal version and several others.

You could also maybe drill and thread the lever tip and make some spikes.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put one of these on.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I saw those on ebay, but did you have to modify it in any way? Any pics of your pedal?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
No modification and sorry no pics.
I ended taking it off, I was now getting too much brake when riding the street and locking it up.
Gotta add I also had just added braided lines and sintered pads, so it brakes real well.
May add it back down the road as I get a better feel for the upgrades.
I have neuropathy in my legs so I don’t feel sometimes how much braking I’m doing until I lock the back wheel.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to find one loacally in Australia. I dont want to order from overseas, no offense to those countries. :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You do have to make sure the surface of the new tip doesn't sit any higher than the stock lever.

If you have a broken lever tip and little money, you can just drill and hole and use a bolt, a couple of nuts, and a bit of rubber tubing to get functional again.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
You do have to make sure the surface of the new tip doesn't sit any higher than the stock lever.

AA++++ Brian.........the Tusk swivel tip that I grafted onto my brake pedal arm does indeed sit higher than stock. I adjusted the M/C arm as much as I felt comfortable with, but it still sits alittle high to my liking. I'm waiting for a test report from Big Boy before I try a different route with mine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just received and installed my "Spirit Beast" (brand name) brake pedal cover. I'll test ride tomorrow and report back. I should have no problems finding and modulating the rear brake now!!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did a 70 mile test ride yesterday with the 'Spirit Beast' brake pedal cover. Worked Great!!! It makes it so much easier to apply/modulate the rear brake. I did however have to get used to the larger surface area and avoid accidentally applying the rear brake with my Size 14 boot !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received and installed my "Spirit Beast" (brand name) brake pedal cover. I'll test ride tomorrow and report back. I should have no problems finding and modulating the rear brake now!!!
View attachment 272819

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The Strom leaver is a good starting point for a DYI solution.

Some alloy "U" channel with some teeth cut into it and a small nut & bolt or even some JB weld to hold it in place.

Many years back I raced those little 50cc pocket rockets and that is how I built my foot pegs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts