StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the bike and found that the rear brake light is not activating until I push very hard on the pedal, much harder than I would normally use the brake. I cannot find any kind of switch to adjust.

Above the rear of the pedal there is a metal shaft that goes into the brake actuator. At the base there are two nuts on either side of a bracket but I believe these adjust the pedal position only. In any case the top nut will not come loose at all for me to give it a tray.

Any ideas if that will adjust when the brake light is activated or is there a switch hiding somewhere?

Thx

Ron

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
There is a switch above the brake pedal, with black plastic nut on top of it. If you start pressing the pedal, you'll see that there is very tiny spring attached to the top of the pedal. The spring is pointing upwards. Follow the spring and you'll see on the other end of it the switch with black plastic nut. Now, there is no way you can reach the nut with any wrench because the space is very tight. I hardly remember how I adjusted mine. It certainly needed a lot of adjustment, just like yours. I know I did it without wrench. I think I disconnected the spring from the pedal's end, turned the nut few turns with my fingers or just a screwdriver, then put the spring back. And I did it few times until I reached desired result.

·
Registered
391 Posts
On the brake pedal, just in front of the footpeg, you will see a spring attached. This goes up to the switch which is hidden behind the bike frame. I found it a real pain to adjust. I had success in the end by first disconnecting the spring at the brake lever and turning the switch unit by going in from the back above the swing arm and using my left hand.

·
Administrator
5,363 Posts
Turn the large black plastic six sided nut anti-clockwise (as looking from the top) to bring the nut up the threaded shaft so as to make it activate sooner.
It is a PITA (or rather the fingers) to do it by hand. Turn it 2 turns and check the effect.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pages 7-38 and 7-39 in the owners manual explain how to adjust both the brake pedal height and the brake light switch. I have an open-end 17mm wrench with a 2 1/2" long handle I made a long time ago by cutting it off the end of a combination wrench for adjusting a brake light switch on another bike I owned, It a tight fit, but it works great for turning the plastic adjusting nut on the brake light switch on my DL1000.

Follow the spring that's attached to the brake lever, as the other end is connected to the brake light switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts