StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am having a problem with my DL1000 where occasionally there will be not pressure behind the brake pedal. When I push down on the brake pedal, the only tension is from the return string. The brake fluid is fairly new, and the level is full, but there is no pressure, and no braking occuring when I push down the brake. This only occurs about once a week or so, randomly.
Any thoughts?
Mike

·
Registered
359 Posts
Possibly some air in break line causing problem. Is fluid full on rear canister? Did this problem exist before fluid change? Does your bike have Antilock breaks?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
DL1000s don't have ABS. Air in the line would always be a problem, not just sometimes. My vote is for the master cylinder. I would replace the piston cup set #2 and flush the fluid. It's only about $30.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, GreyWolf. This morning on my way to work it did it again, but I realized when I pushed down all the way to the bottom it worked slightly. I bled the lines just recently, but I have to believe that is the issue. I will replace the brake fluid entirely tonight. If that fails, I will try your idea.
Does it make any difference that mine is a K2?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Year of model doesn't matter. Car or bike, if a hydraulic brake actuation basically does nothing but move the lever or pedal and there isn't brake fluid all over the place, look at the master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts