Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for anyone in Australia who has had problems with rear axle nut binding to rear axle.
I recently had a 6000km service done on my Strom, just before the warranty ran out, by an independent bike service workshop. They found the rear axle nut was jammed solid on the axle but it was also loose; they could easily turn the nut but the axle turned with it. I took it to the dealership, who contacted Suzuki Australia who (predicably) said it must have been over torqued so they weren't going to cover it under warranty. There are several threads from Strommers in the US regarding the same problem and it's not the owner who's the problem, it's the parts. Anyone in Oz had any luck with Suzuki for this problem?
Merry Christmas

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/23698-rear-axle-thread-galled.html

The problem is the procedure. It's happened so often a sticky thread was created. Stainless steel on stainless steel tends to gall or cold weld. Anti-seize to prevent galling and 80% of the torque spec to make up for the lubrication has worked without a single problem reported here. Add anti-seize to the threads and torque to 80Nm or 58lb-ft and there won't be any more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts