StromTrooper banner

Realistic to find a cheap used Wee?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Strominid 
#1 ·
Is it realistic to find a Wee with higher mileage for around $2500? It seems even the '04 and '05 bikes are going for $3500-4500.

This will be my first bike and as much as I would like to spend more I'm not sure my budget will allow for a lower mileage bike.

If my budget isn't realistic please say so. No reason to get too excited if it's not going to happen as fast as I would like it to.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

#2 ·
It might be possible, but demand for DL650's seems quite strong. Mine sold in a day, with two people lined up if the first buyer didn't pull the trigger.

Don't think there's any dealer stock left, either so folks are gonig to have to start thinking about buying 2010 models in the Fall.

#7 ·
When I was looking for a bike the cheapest one I was able to find was $3500. That bike had high mileage and had been literally thrown around quite a bit. It had been down multiple times and had scratches everywhere.

I found one for a similar price on Craigslist but didn't pursue it because it had SCAM written all over it.

It might be possible if you find a high mileage salvage title bike but some people are cautious of salvage title bikes and I don't blame them. You might get lucky but I imagine it will be at least a few more years before you're able to find an 04 or 05 for that price.

BUT . . . keep looking because you never know what deal may be around the corner. Good luck!

#8 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

Jersey,

That's a bit far for me right now. By the time I get it back here it might cost me more than if I find something within half the distance.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and my hopes up that I don't have to compromise with a bike other than a Wee.

#9 ·
I've got a 2004 DL650 with a lot of miles on it. Its been used hard and put away muddy. If I ever did want to sell the bike it probably wouldn't bring more than $2500. The problem is the damn thing runs as good as when it was new and they haven't brought out any bike to replace it. And that is why it is not for sale.

Good luck on your hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.