StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the rear shock spring with something stiffer that can handle the weight of me+passenger+gear better. Right now the preload is maxed out and it is not enough. A complete replacement of the rear shock is not in the cards right now. Can someone recommend a source to purchase springs? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
get in touch with jay at suspensions by sasquatch

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I need to replace the rear shock spring with something stiffer that can handle the weight of me+passenger+gear better. Right now the preload is maxed out and it is not enough. A complete replacement of the rear shock is not in the cards right now. Can someone recommend a source to purchase springs? Thanks!
Sorry pard, been on so long I forget where it was purchased. If Jay/Sasquatch doesn't offer them he could probably point you in the right direction. Happy with the results on an 06 Vee. :beatnik:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I bought a racetech ( eibach) 16kg rear spring and sonic 1.1 fork springs. Works great for 2 up but way stiff for solo !!.Also raised the bike 2".

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
:thumbup: Hi good brother, I have the Race Tech Replacement Springs for our shocks,

All you need to do is Email me Directly at [email protected] and let me know your weight out of the shower and loads you usually carry,

If you include your contact phone number I will be happy to give you a quick call to briefly discuss your needs and get you looked after right away,

It won't take long at all to get what you need to your door,

Let me know whenever you are ready,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
:thumbup: Hi good brother, I have the Race Tech Replacement Springs for our shocks,

All you need to do is Email me Directly at [email protected] and let me know your weight out of the shower and loads you usually carry,

If you include your contact phone number I will be happy to give you a quick call to briefly discuss your needs and get you looked after right away,

It won't take long at all to get what you need to your door,

Let me know whenever you are ready,

Blair

I'm interested, I have aquired a lightly used rear shock that could use an upgraded spring before I install it.... e-mail sent Blair!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Ahead

Note that damping rates and spring rates should be relatively matched. Put a much stiffer spring on a stock shock, and you'll probably find the rear end underdamped (bouncy). Money is usually in short supply, but you might save yourself time and trouble by getting the shock rebuilt or replaced when changing the spring, and saving yourself the "go back and do it again" experience.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Note that damping rates and spring rates should be relatively matched. Put a much stiffer spring on a stock shock, and you'll probably find the rear end underdamped (bouncy). Money is usually in short supply, but you might save yourself time and trouble by getting the shock rebuilt or replaced when changing the spring, and saving yourself the "go back and do it again" experience.
True, but sometimes that's just not financially practical, depending on one's priorities and finances.

I replaced the spring only on my shock, and I felt I got excellent value for the $100 or so I spent. It wasn't ideal, but it was one hell of a lot better -- HUGE bank for the buck. It was underdamped a bit, but certainly not bouncy or out of control in any way.

About 10 months later, I was finally in a position to get the full $450 rebuild/upgrade from Sasquatch, and I'm glad I did.

I'm selling the spring for $80 to a friend, so I'd say $20 for several months of vastly improved suspension was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Is the spring change a fairly simple to do at home job?
Or does it have to go to a shop for a press?
Mike

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Hi, The Shock Spring Swap is a DIY project that can be done at home without much trouble at all,

I have shipped lots of these to my fellow Stromtroopers for Saturday swap projects,

Let me know whenever you are ready. Email is the best to contact me and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I try to swap my rear spring at home but didn't have the right tools to take the spring off the shock.I took the shock to the local mega dealer and they did for $20..

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts