StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Re-installing the rubber pad where the tailcase goes

Any special tricks to it or is it just simply a bit of dish soap and some long needle nose pliers? Bought my bike today and the previous owner didn't put it back on after he took off his tailcase.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just did this last week and an exacto knife to trim the inner edges a bit soapy water and yes needle nose pliers all work well.
deb

·
Registered
647 Posts
Any special tricks to it or is it just simply a bit of dish soap and some long needle nose pliers? Bought my bike today and the previous owner didn't put it back on after he took off his tailcase.
Silicone spray persuades the "Nubs". I found that needle nose, alone, would pull the ends off. Used a small tip straight blade screwdriver to push the nub while my Sig Other pulled slighty with the needle nose. My .02 cents. They are a ROYAL Pain In The A$$!
Willie

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Silicone spray persuades the "Nubs". I found that needle nose, alone, would pull the ends off. Used a small tip straight blade screwdriver to push the nub while my Sig Other pulled slighty with the needle nose. My .02 cents. They are a ROYAL Pain In The A$$!
Willie

+1, You beat me to it willy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts