StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just got one as well as the GPS mount and rad guard. nice stuff.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Looks to me like it's seriously lacking air flow cutouts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I questioned the manufacture about the Rad guard I bought as well. He rides in Thailand where it is 40* C with the rad guard and skid plate. He has had no overheating issues at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Put mine on a couple of days ago, looks like good protection for what I want. Fitting was a bit fiddly, I thought the rear bracket would have the nuts welded to it to enable easier fitting, but not so. U bolt setup for the front is also fiddly, with washers, spring washers and nuts to put on with limited room. Oil and filter changes will be a bit of a pain, but no more than cleaning/lubing the chain without a centrter stand.

·
Registered
92 Posts
got mine on today, along with the rad guard. No problems.

put the GPS mount on last week

·
Registered
440 Posts
I want one, but their web site says the skid plate is "out of stock," dammit! Anyone know where I can get one in black?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bought the Ravetech, Bash plate, Rad guard, dash Ram mount. All fits well , Bashplate fits Givi crash bars no problem. There is a hole under the sump plug to undo said plug for oil changes, oil filter can be accessed from left side fairly easily.
My only concern was the standard of metal used for the bolts. Changed some out with better grade bolts. Other wise looks good.
Will take photo of left side, there is more room to access the filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
This shows the left side, you can access the filter fairly easily. Havent tried yet but as far as I can tell there is no need to remove bash plate. really like the look of the Ravetech plate, Rad guard and GPS mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Ravetech skid plate, rad guard and gps mount on my 650, also in thailand. Definately no heating issues from the Rad guard. Its the hottest time of the year right now and been out and about, plenty of traffic riding too.
Also no issues with the skid plate hitting the ground. I dont ride like Rossi but it doesnt get close to the ground.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Updates

Firstly a quick thank you to existing customers on this thread.

We have recently updated the 650 range which includes the adventure skid plate, rad guard and GPS with new style logos on each product and also introduced a mini skid plate and LED tail light.

With regards to airflow concerns we have tested these products severely in high temperatures with no effects to engine or oil cooling.
We purposely designed the centre section of the adventure skid plate to remain solid to guard against mud and debris from the front wheel building up around the front of the engine, especially important for the Wee with its air oil cooling becoming blocked and ineffective.

images upload

Updated 4mm adventure skid plate.

picture share

Updated stainless rad guard has a new bottom mount location, updated logos and return side folds for increased strength.
They come in polished stainless or black powder coated stainless.

img host

Updated 4mm aluminium GPS dash mount.

free upload

The 3mm aluminium Mini Skid plate offers cost effective protection for the underside and oil filter and can aslo be fitted under the Glee OEM plastic lower fairing.

upload gifs

image upload no compression

The LED tail light with integrated turn signals is a direct replacement for the Glee and comes in dark tint or clear lens.

pc screenshot

We offer great prices and economical worldwide shipping on all our products. For more info please visit Ravetech Motorcycle Accessories

·
Registered
26 Posts
Updated 4mm aluminium GPS dash mount.

free upload

We offer great prices and economical worldwide shipping on all our products. For more info please visit Ravetech Motorcycle Accessories
How much space is there between the dash mount plate and the fairing face? Behind that "V-Strom" cutout looks like it would be a neat place to install an electroluminescent light strip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's quite a snug fit with a few mm to spare but with some of the LED strips you get these days I would think it's possible

1 - 20 of 41 Posts