StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first oil change since the header install and I noticed there is minor rubbing between the two. It seems as though the header is holding up fine (visible contact patch about the size of a dime) but the skid plate is wearing away a bit on the inside. I never noticed any noise or vibration between the two, but I will like grab some washers to add a little clearance to the skid plate. Thought I'd toss this out there to see if anyone else has noticed the same problem with this or any other skid plate. Also just as a word of warning to those considering the Ravetech.

Cheers,

[email protected]

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yeah I added a stack of 4-5 stainless washers inside the the Ravetech skid plate at the bottom of the vertical support feet to get some clearance. Makes it a PITA to take on and off for maintenance now. I think I will just leave it on for oil changes and use some absorbent pads inside the skidplate.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the Arrow header with a Happy Trail skid plate and you couldn't even slip a sheet of paper between the two. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fits perfectly with the stock exhaust. I love that it's tucked in tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts