StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas, I've got a better recording of the rattle that my bike makes around 2500 & 3000 rpm. It's a bit hard to hear because of the wind buffeting, and it's much louder in real life. The Suzuki dealer near me says it's induction noise. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/Y3OBpxDWw8A

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought it could be the clutch, but I had it reworked last year from a place in England. It was vibrating really bad, and the rework fixed that, but it now has this annoying "rattle". Should I get it redone? because I'm really annoyed and feel like selling the bike.

·
Super Moderator
16,886 Posts
How can I test to see if it is intake honk?

Just don't worry about it, you're siting on top of an engine and air box. Also be sure you are not lugging that engine, the 1000 loves to rev......not a Harley or cruiser twin. :wink2:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Plus, that ginormous plastic fairing in front amplifies bounces a lot of noise back at you.

So yep, ear plugs.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
As if to reinforce this point to myself, I rode my Super Tenere this morning without earplugs. It's been a long time since I did that, and I'd forgotten what the bike sounded like. I've heard other owners' descriptions of this bike as sounding like a metal toolbox full of wrenches kicked down a flight of stairs; that's an exaggeration to be sure, but it did remind me of all the weird noises this bike makes that really aren't indicators of anything wrong: it's just that nature of the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there an aftermarket air box or a modification that would quieten it down a bit? I think that even if I tried to sell it, that noise would put anyone off!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Don't try to change the airbox. Nothing good will come from that. Make sure the 2 rubber boots are securely connected to the throttle bodies.

Don't run the engine below 3k. If you think you must then get a boosterplug. That will make it more pleasant down to 2k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. I've heard of the dynojet pcv. Are they similar, which of the 2 is the better option for the vee?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts