StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have visited many of these threads and have heeded to advice but have yet to find the source of the rattle, Pre- and post-farkle. I have narrowed it down to the left hand side near the front. Definately a high frquency metallic (washer?) rattle. Can anyone identify it from this video?

Bike has 2200 miles on it and it doesn't make a difference on the gear or the engine or ambient temperature.

please copy and past this link>youtu.be/nvvxQ9un_GU<

·
Registered
561 Posts
Most likely the crash bars. You can try a piece of rubber between where the halves join in the front of the engine. A skid plate like the one I have also eliminates it, but it also reflects more engine mechanical noise upward.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had a front windscreen brace crack on a different bike and it would "sing" identical to your sound at a certain rpm. It took me almost a year to find it when I was going thru the brace looked fine. It was cracked all the way through but when it wasn't being vibrated it just fit together. I had to actually pull on everything until I found the break. It drove me nuts.
If you have a friend that can hold the throttle at 5500 you could use a paper towel tube and isolate it to the exact area. then poke and pull on everything until you find what's loose. It's metal to metal. Good luck............Mike

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I have visited many of these threads and have heeded to advice but have yet to find the source of the rattle, Pre- and post-farkle. I have narrowed it down to the left hand side near the front. Definately a high frquency metallic (washer?) rattle. Can anyone identify it from this video?

Bike has 2200 miles on it and it doesn't make a difference on the gear or the engine or ambient temperature.

please copy and past this link>youtu.be/nvvxQ9un_GU<
Sorry I can't help on the rattling noise, but here's how to insert your video into a post. Cut the numbers (shown in blue) from the youtube link and paste it into the following format:

[youtub]nvvxQ9un_GU[/youtub] (But spell it youtube)

Hopefully this will make it easier for others to view it and give you some suggestions as to the cause of the rattle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts