StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for input - going to 3D print a custom license plate frame and get a personalized plate - looking for suggestions/ideas of what to put on there.

I was thinking of something like "Adventure Touring" on the plate frame and "VSTROM" as the license plate (if it's available).

Any other clever sayings? Limited to about 10 characters on top, 10 on bottom, and 6 on license plate...

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I didn't realize that the 3D printed material was tough enough to stand up to the torque and vibrations on a motorcycle license plate. I remember back when the vibrations would crack right through the metal license plate!

Material science...Amazing!

I'll keep thinking about suggestions and post back later.

·
Registered
975 Posts
cover=frame?

around here, a "cover" - clear plastic - over the plate is illegal. a few years ago while driving my nissan pick-em-up a LEO stopped me cuz i had installed clear plastic covers over both plates. no ticket; simply a reminder. i removed them after he left and before i returned to the road.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cover=frame?

around here, a "cover" - clear plastic - over the plate is illegal. a few years ago while driving my nissan pick-em-up a LEO stopped me cuz i had installed clear plastic covers over both plates. no ticket; simply a reminder. i removed them after he left and before i returned to the road.
That is correct - frame. Sorry. Updating the OP

·
Registered
304 Posts
Not sure where you're located.
Here in California you can go online and order personalized plates, you'll know in minutes if it's available.

I suggest you think / order the plate and then think of a good comment for the frame.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do the same in Iowa - you still have to take 3 choices but it will tell you if its available.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I bought a frame from someone on eBay a couple years ago. They customized the lettering both top and bottom if wanted. No idea of the seller but I suspect they are still around or someone like them. I believe less than $10 (I'm cheap).

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
The recently closed Sports Chalet stores used to have frames that carries the message, "I'd Rather Be..." your choice of activity.
I got the "I'd Rather Be Camping" one.
Not for smaller motorcycle plates but adaptable.
They had a wall of them for free just to get their name on your car.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The recently closed Sports Chalet stores used to have frames that carries the message, "I'd Rather Be..." your choice of activity.
i advertise for no one. i never keep dealer frames. no stickers on any of my vehicles. i do wear san diego state t-shirts and 5k t-shirts. i'd like to find a nice long-sleeved suzuki-emblazoned t-shirt. trouble is, i need to try on clothes before i purchase. shrug.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not much works for "I'd Rather be" line...maybe "I'd rather be...offroad" or something like that.

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Stevie, I'm a corporate slut and will wear dealer shirts and manufactures shirts.
I makes me happy to support the Brick and Mortar folk. And the multiple rallies I attend.
Besides, buying last years shirts can be had at a fraction of the original price.
No stickers means you never go anywhere!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts