StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get into the details I'd like to provide some information on my bike. It's a 2014 non-adventure model with just over 4,000 miles on it. The only performance modifications are a Mivv slip on exhaust, however this phenomenon happened with the stock exhaust in place as well.

The symptoms are random stalling when the bike is at a stop with the clutch pulled in. Sometimes if I just touch the throttle lightly or blip the throttle ever so slightly, the bike hiccups or burps and stalls. Sometimes it just plain stalls. It does it intermittently, and not every time I ride the bike. It's done it tank full, tank empty, hot and cold. I haven't found a distinct pattern to the behavior. Idle is approximated 1200 rpm and seems strong and even. Has anyone had any problems like this with their bike, or have any guesses as to what it might be?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Not everyone has this problem, but it is not rare. Have you had the recall work done? Your issue is likely not related to that but still needs to be done. I'm working with the local dealer right now for this issue on mine. They are being a stickler about proving routine maintenance was performed (I've done it all myself) so I hope you have receipts or had the dealer do the maintenance. Fortunately for me, I bought the oil and filters at Cycle Gear and they can print out receipts for past transactions.

You can read all about it here, which includes links to other threads that could keep you busy all night: http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-2014/310498-ecu-replacement-anyone-have-done.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts