StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the mirror extenders from Adventure-Tech and bought the ram mount system. I have been playing around with different set ups. I used this cheap and held video camera for a trial run. I will probably have gps on one and a video camera, phone, or light on the other.

The ram mounts seem to be very good quality. Mostly made of metal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one. I put a RAM ball on each side so I can add what I want. I used the same extenders on my DR650 to get the mirrors out but also give me a high mounting point for some spot lights. I have some night time off road stuff planned for this summer.

The RAM components are pretty handy.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I didn't know I'd want to mount anything until 6-8 months after I had ordered and installed the extenders without the threaded extensions... so I improvised:

That's a 0.38-16 threaded RAM 'B' ball mounted into the leading edge of the clutch-side extender and secured with permanent thread locking goo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought the mirror extenders from Adventure-Tech and bought the ram mount system.

The ram mounts seem to be very good quality. Mostly made of metal.
Vstrom73, Are the ram mounts with pivoting ball pictured above the ones your bought from RichlandRick? Were they $9 each?

I am trying to get the vstrom.info page for his products to load but seems like I can't ever get it to load the webpage. Maybe Google Chrome is my problem.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Windharvester

I bought the mirror extenders with threaded extensions from Rick..

Everything else I bought from the Ram mount website under the motorcycle section.

I don't like how long the arms are so I am getting shorter arms to see how they look.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No --that is a part off of the ram mount site. The Ram site claims they are a new part for motorcycles to add adjustability to their ram mount systems. I do actually like that part. I can push it all the was down and the arm angled up so the camera is straight up but alot lower and not in my visual field.

I can look up the part number if you have trouble finding it. I do not really care for their site. I find it difficult to find what I want. Everytime I go to that site I find something new that I find interesting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No --that is a part off of the ram mount site. The Ram site claims they are a new part for motorcycles to add adjustability to their ram mount systems. I do actually like that part. I can push it all the was down and the arm angled up so the camera is straight up but alot lower and not in my visual field.

I can look up the part number if you have trouble finding it. I do not really care for their site. I find it difficult to find what I want. Everytime I go to that site I find something new that I find interesting.
Your prompt response and willingness to answer my questions is very appreciated. Does the piece I circled circled screw into the threaded hole on the mirror extender from RichlandRick?

I agree about the ram site, there is so many possibilities. The same as the Eastern Beaver site. Both are incredibly overwhelming! I end up getting confused and not buying anything.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes it does -- I think I went with the standard m10x1.25 when I orderd the mirror extender. That piece you circled comes with 4 different screws so It works with a variety of holes.

The funny thing with the ram site is when you are checking out they give you the option of leaving their site to order from a variety of online vendors that they list.

I looked at the other sites and was even more frustrated. At least the Ram site has every possible option -- you just have to search thoroughly.

The nice thing is my items were shipped within 24 hours of placing the order and I had it in my hand in 3 days.

good luck

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@WindHarvester -- How far from Ames do you live?? We might be neighbors.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@windharvester --yes that is the one.

I am going to order some shorter arms as well.

I lve a little west of Ames.
We should see if there is any other Ames/Des Moines riders on this site and go for a ride.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I didn't know I'd want to mount anything until 6-8 months after I had ordered and installed the extenders without the threaded extensions... so I improvised:

That's a 0.38-16 threaded RAM 'B' ball mounted into the leading edge of the clutch-side extender and secured with permanent thread locking goo.

That looks pretty sweet. I've been looking for somewhere to mount my Contour Roam (other than my head) when travelling at high speeds

·
Registered
722 Posts
Shot from the RAM ball on the extender.

I have found GPSCity.com a suitable source for RAM bits. They seem to carry the entire catalog. And the prices are right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts