StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is a spinoff from the other thread that was posted in an attempt to update the Raleigh area first meet, eat and ride.

Some of us local Strommers (and not so local) have emailed each other about putting together a local ride. Seems as if we are spread out - a couple of guys from the north Raleigh area, 2 from Garner/Clayton area, a couple from Burlington/Greensboro area and a couple from Warsaw/Wilmington area.. WOW :D

Here is the plan: We will meet at the Cracker Barrel, I40/Hwy42 in Garner, NC. I40 Exit 312 on Saturday, Sept. 23rd. Some have expressed they want to eat, so for those who want to do breakfast, we will meet at 9:00 a.m. The ride will start at 10:00 a.m.

I know of some good roads in this area and I expect we can ride for about 3 hours with breaks every now and then.

If you plan to be there post a reply to this thread so we don't leave with out you. In your post please include your first name and if you will be there at 9:00 a.m. to eat or if you will be there at 10:00 a.m. for the ride.

Hope you can make it as I am sure we will have a great time.

Ride Safe!

Duke

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will be there by 9:00am for breakfast. Blackberry pancakes always make me happy :)

It will be good to meet some other Strommers, to tell tall tales, look at each others bikes and to maybe see some new roads in the area. I live in Clayton and ride a lot (32K on the odo) in the area and the east coast.

I will be riding a K4 model (blue), with Givi topcase and Cee Bailey screen (among other stuff).

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the gang and going on a fun ride!

Until then, Ride Safe!

Malcolm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Planning to be there for some waffles around 9 or so. I will be riding 06 1K red(ish) with top GIVI and GIVI crashbars(if i ever take those bolts out :evil: ). Cya there.

Greg
'06 DL1K red(ish)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great meet

Hello Dick, Greg and Malcolm,

Good meeting you all as well. I have sent you all a PM requestion you send me an email at [email protected] so I can put together a list of emails, phone numbers to pass out to everyone at the ride as we discussed. So please send me a quick note and I will get it done.

Man, good meeting you all on Saturday - Next time I will definately make sure I have the entire day free so we can ride longer and perhaps go somewhere more interesting. Like Greg said, it was good to see the Stroms lined up there at the parking lot.

For those who missed the meet, eat and ride... (This was our first one) We had some good quick grub at the Cracker Barrell, myself and Greg got caught eyeing some of the scenery at the restuarant :shock: :wink: Dick shared some great video and stories of his trip to Alaska on his Strom, We started our ride at about 10 a.m. and took a nice slow pace down hwy 210, to hwy 42 (a few good twisties on 42) to Sanford then Lillington back to hwy 42. Once back in Fuqua-Varina, we decided to run hwy 42 again this time we took it with a little more aggressive pace :p For the first meet, eat and ride - it was a great success. Another one is in the works.

See you all again soon and for those that missed come join us on the next one. We will post the info soon.

Ride Safe!

Rodney

1 - 13 of 13 Posts