StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new to me Wee AK7 today (See new Wee in Brentwood Bay post). The bike came with the original links to restore the factory ride height. Doing the swap will be easy as I have a Centre stand. I checked the forks and it looks like they were raised a bit too a bit to lower the front end. What I need help with is determining the correct fork tube height to return it to stock. Should the top of the tube be level with the triple tree? Anyone have a picture or description showing where the forks should be set?
Thanks...Ian

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The stock setting is the top of tube, not the cap, level with the top of the triple clamp. A lot of riders find 5-15mm over provides better handling, especially in windy conditions. That will make the bike less stable at beyond legal speeds though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mine is sitting up at least 10mm maybe 15. I won't bother measuring, I'll just put them level to what you suggest and reinstall the stock links. If I'm going to play with it later I would prefer to start from factory settings and not the last guys mods.
Appreciate the quick help thanks...Ian

Another thought...Can I just loosen and slide them down and retighten or do I need to seat them somehow so they are not twisted...Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You can loosen one side and adjust it while the other side is holding up the front end. It's that simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts