StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am 6' 2" (185cm) tall and I find the vstrom riding position uncomfortable. I lean forward and arch my upper back most of the time and can't ride in an upright position.
I am thinking to raise the handlebar or raise it and tilt it back towards me but I am not sure what to order.

If you are a tall rider and raised the handlebar can you tell me which products you used? Also did you need to extent/ replace any cables?

Thanks

Micha

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
there's a lot of threads for this and some pics of others on VSRI - use google

depends on which bar and how much of u want to raise, you might not need longer cable EXCEPT for Brake line which u are likely to need

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rox Risers

I used a 2" Rox Riser and needed no new cables. I then added a 1" extension for a total of 3" and needed a longer brake hose.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
6'3" here and I have had the Rox and currently have the powermadd 2" risers.
Both a great product for what you want.
I'm getting ready to do new cables and hoses so I can go 3" Rox to go over my Scotts steering stabilizer that will not fit with the 2's
Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tried every riser I could find and finally went with ATV hi bars. Wider and taller and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Some of the newer stroms need a longer brake hose from the front master cylinder to the distribution block. Blair at svracingparts.com knows which bikes, and he sells he hose and the risers.

·
Registered
707 Posts
cheap ass

I couldn't afford another farkle just now so I loosened the top clamps and rotated the handle bars up. I was able to get almost two inches of rise and didn't need to fool with the longer lines. I intend to install some up/back blocks some day and I will be required to add longer lines then, but for now, this works for me. I also had to adjust the mirrors more than a little, but it's much better than it was...:beatnik:

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Some of the newer stroms need a longer brake hose from the front master cylinder to the distribution block. Blair at svracingparts.com knows which bikes, and he sells he hose and the risers.
All abs version

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm 6'6" and tried a few different risers. I finally settled on the Rox Elite Offset risers with the Raptor bar. Works great for me. I can sit straight up and my hands fall naturally on the handlebars.

No problem with cables.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

I am 6' 2" (185cm) tall and I find the vstrom riding position uncomfortable. I lean forward and arch my upper back most of the time and can't ride in an upright position.
I am thinking to raise the handlebar or raise it and tilt it back towards me but I am not sure what to order.

If you are a tall rider and raised the handlebar can you tell me which products you used? Also did you need to extent/ replace any cables?

Thanks

Micha
I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam. I put the Suzuki tall touring seat on mine and it has been great. I found that the stock seat was just too low. The bar height has been just fine for me. The Strom is a great bike,and I hope that you get it dialed in.

·
Registered
751 Posts
6'4"
I put on msr atv hi bars ~$20.
I have tried risers as well,didnt mind them,but like the new bars better.
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed a 1'' up and 1.5 back risers today (09 non-abs wee).
The brake line, while technically reaching, is basically at its very limit - there is no slack whatsoever between the master cylinder and the anchor further below (not the tee).
Is this expected? Is it ok to leave it like that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts