StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody raising the front fender? Is there a kit or how is it done? Will an Shinko 805 fit under the stock fender?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I made my own brackets from a couple pieces of bar stock. Those are for the front. This was about five years ago, and Rick's kit wasn't available at the time. At the rear, drilling new holes in the plastic does the trick. Raised the fender about an inch.

Just a word of warning.Raising the fender requires the removal of any fork brace you may have, as there is no clearance. I did make my fork brace work by using a heat gun and reworking the plastic at the top of the fender to provide clearance. Ended up not using the fork brace anyway, because I don't feel any benefit, but it can be done if you're handy.

I like having the raised fender, as I do ride in Rocky and muddy conditions from time to time

·
Vendor
4,903 Posts
Plenty of people did the DIY kit on Gen 1 bikes with bent sheet metal. Our kits just make it much easier. No fabrication required. We have kits for 2012+ DL650s (works with a fork brace) and 2014+ DL1000s. I dropped the kit for the Gen 1 650 when I realized it would not work with a fork brace.

https://www.adventuretech.biz/fender-raising-kits.html

If you have a Gen 1 DL650 ADV Rider is a good place to look for DIY info on this subject. Also high mounted front fenders. That requires a different brake line set up. No cross over line, just two hoses down from the master cylinder. So it would not be good for the ABS models.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Big yes on Adventuretech.
Bought a bulk buy for some guys down here in Australia
Excellent to deal with, and as Brockie said cottage industry.
Support them or they are gone.

Harry

·
Registered
795 Posts
+1 on the Adventuretech kit (and the kickstand foot). I used it when I put the Mitas E-07s on my bike.

·
Administrator
16,597 Posts
It does as advertised, easy to install and puts the height where it should be from factory for an ADV bike.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Installed Rick's kit on my 650.

Need to do the same on my new 1000. I noticed some rubbing with the 804 that the dealer installed.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just a word of warning.Raising the fender requires the removal of any fork brace you may have, as there is no clearance.
We have kits for 2012+ DL650s (works with a fork brace)
https://www.adventuretech.biz/fender-raising-kits.html
I already had Rick's fork brace installed, at least on my own 2012 I had no problem adding his fender-raising kit as well.
I guess my DIY brackets raised the fender to where it was an issue, and Rick's doesn't. Good to know if you like the fork brace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts