StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After laying my bike over about a year ago I am finally getting around to putting the 3/4" lowering links on the back and raising the forks 15mm (about .6 inches) in the front. That way I get lowering in the back and some lowering in the front.

I figured this post with pictures could help others and also confirm I am doing it correctly myself. I simply measured the distance it is protruding from the top. The left side is now approximately 15mm higher and the left side is flush. I loosened the three bolts and pulled down slightly on the crash bars and it moved higher until I got it where I wanted.

Can someone confirm this is what it should look like to actually accomplish the raising of the forks which lowers the front?

Thanks and hopefully this post with pics can clarify and help others.

David

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
You didn't leave one side raised an the other flush, did you? One side at a time works fine for the process but, when you are finished, both sides need to be the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I sure didn't, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly before I tightened everything down and then went to the other side.

Both sides are done now and everything is equal measured with a ruler. It is higher on both sides by the same amount.

If that is what I am suppossed to do then I think I am finished?

Now I just need to do the 3/4" links in the back.

Thanks Greywolf!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It appears you have it right now. I don't know your bike specifics so I add a note that ABS models with fork braces only allow a 7-10mm change before the ABS junction can hit the brace.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Raised Forks

I see from your photo, and from looking at the top of my triple tree, that when my previous owner put in lowering links he also raised the front forks 1/2"

I also have a fork brace installed by the P.O. - so I guess I need to be sure and never use up all my fork compression travel.

·
Registered
858 Posts
and here i was curious to see how many photos you had to stack up to raise the fork noticably! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts