StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you tried raising the forks on the 2012 DL650? Is the steering geometry basicaly the same as the earlier generations?

I think I'd like the steering to be a bit quicker like it was on my 2006. I want to try the raised forks and then after seeing how that makes it feel add a steering brace.

Any thoughts or comments?

..Tom

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Go for it. It's fairly easy and free so experiment. If mine ever shows up, I intend to test the suspension and possibly swap stuff with my present bike that has over $2000 in suspension work.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I haven't changed the suspension at all except to crank up the preload in the rear a bit. I do intend to pull the Ricor valves out of my '07 and try them on the '12. At that time, I'll futz with the fork tubes.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I found the new bike turned better than the old one anyway but geometry is probably similar.

I did swap the rear shock over, but only because I ride offroad and the rear skipped around a bit stock, the front on my K6 was probably better than the L2 stock - but not enough the make it worth the pain of pulling the damper rods to do the swap ;). That's tested off road - the front on the L2 is 'good enough' at least for me.

Be interested to see what Greywolf finds in there if he swaps front suspension components. I suspect at least small differences, like hole sizes and placement.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts