StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read lots of posts about raising the forks and the handling benefits but could only find one reference to how much and that poster said 15mm. What is the consensous here on this subject?

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
The most you can go is about 20-25mm before they start hitting the handlebars. I didn't like mine at that setting so I backed it off to around 15mm. It's been that way for 2+ years and it's how *I* like it.

It's a 5-minute adjustment. Experiment and find what YOU like. Too much and the bike tends to oversteer, too little and it tends to understeer. If yours has been raised or lowered it will make a difference. If the preloads are different it will make a difference. If it's loaded differently it will make a difference. What works for one may not be what you like.

·
Administrator
13,666 Posts
I was aiming for half an inch (1.27 cm) and the forks kept wanting to settle at .54 (1.37cm) so I locked it in there.

It feels very good for me so I left it there.. I think you should just go and try it in that area and see how it feels to you. It is very easy to change back to stock or another setting if you feel the need.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
As SCraig said, what works for you will be entirely up to you. I went the max I could, about 25mm and loved it that way for 4 years. When I changed out my handlebars, I found that the increased leverage of the wider bars made the bike too twitchy. Now I'm running with the forks raised about 10mm.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copy that. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts