1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the info! Easier install compared to the others. I'd buy if it were stainless but don't like painted steel

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! Easier install compared to the others. I'd buy if it were stainless but don't like painted steel
It's actually Powder coated. Practically indestructible powder coating. It's the same powder coating I have on the skid plates. It is very durable.
I have made stainless ones for the DL650 in the past, but Very few have ever been bought. People just don't want to pay for stainless.
For every stainless I sell, I sell 50 steel ones. But if I get enough requests for stainless, I can have them made for sure.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like the subtle looks as well. I will be purchasing one in the near future. Do you have plans for a skid plate? If so, consider making one that works with the Givi crash bars please!!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the subtle looks as well. I will be purchasing one in the near future. Do you have plans for a skid plate? If so, consider making one that works with the Givi crash bars please!!
I have already designed a skid plate. I have a working bracket now. Waiting on the skid plate prototype. It will work with the OEM, the GIVI, the SW-MOTECH crash bars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's actually Powder coated. Practically indestructible powder coating. It's the same powder coating I have on the skid plates. It is very durable.
I have made stainless ones for the DL650 in the past, but Very few have ever been bought. People just don't want to pay for stainless.
For every stainless I sell, I sell 50 steel ones. But if I get enough requests for stainless, I can have them made for sure.
Well then powder coat works! Consider one sold! I'll buy one next week :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice looking guard.

Terrible video.

:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the EuroG SS guard for the 650. I ordered SS as I think the heat transfer is better than powder coating. Either way, its a very fine product.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I tried using the cart and there is a shipping glitch. It showed UPS shipping at $41.00 so I'll find the time to call and order one.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
This looks fantastic with the single bolt mount, a great idea. I will get one in the Spring.

I didn't think the video was THAT bad, lol. I suppose having a bikini model install it would improve things a tad, but whatever. Narcosis looks like a biker, just the way he should.

Nice looking guard.

Terrible video.

:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tried using the cart and there is a shipping glitch. It showed UPS shipping at $41.00 so I'll find the time to call and order one.
You are practically on the opposite side of the planet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts