StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For what it is worth, I have never seen as much speed enforcement on hwy 400 from hwy 7 to hwy 9 (I commute that run almsot every day) as I have in the last week or so. On top of that, they are not in the obvious spots.. I have seen them on the northbound weigh station, north of King road, north of Major Mac, on top of the hill (where the radar tower is) just past the same hill.

There really must be some kind of campaign on or something so keep an eye out!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I work closely with a number of the Simcoe County and York Region OPP. They're on a rotating speed blitz of all the area highways. Part of it is to introduce and test the new OPP helicopter for speed enforcement. They should be done mid-August.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've slowed down to 110 kph since I see at least 3 people per night pulled over by the OPP between Barrie and Toronto.

The tow trucks are always close by.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I to have noticed a ton of OPP. Thanks for the tips (new 340 hp Audi S4), must ease up with the right foot.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I've slowed down to 110 kph since I see at least 3 people per night pulled over by the OPP between Barrie and Toronto.
How nasty are they getting? 120 km/h isn't normally a problem, IMO. Are they pulling anyone over going 110-120?

-Beensy

·
Administrator
13,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt they'd bother at 120 unless there were other issues.

From what I've seen in the past you are safe up to 120, sometimes up to 140. I think the best is to make sure you aren't the fasted out there.

..Tom

How nasty are they getting? 120 km/h isn't normally a problem, IMO. Are they pulling anyone over going 110-120?

-Beensy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts