StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hardwire my Passport 8500 and being an electrical idiot, I need help. I'm trying to use a tap connector (http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html) and I don't know what wire to tap. If I use the rear brake light switch, do I just tap the orange wire? Is there a better wire (such as tailight) that I should use? Also, can I just attach the ground wire to the negative battery terminal? I considered a fuse box relay and ground block, but this is all the electrical stuff I'm doing so that would be overkill. Thanks for the help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The brake light switch wire is orange with a green stripe. The tail light wire is the brown wire in the sheath along the left side of the under seat tray. Either will work as ignition on sources. Do use the negative battery terminal for ground.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brake light switch wire is orange with a green stripe. The tail light wire is the brown wire in the sheath along the left side of the under seat tray. Either will work as ignition on sources. Do use the negative battery terminal for ground.
Thanks Greywolf! You da man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts