StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can wire my MP3 player and radar detector together and get an alert while listening to music? Seems like the best of both worlds.
I know I would have to attach headphone leads to my radar detector speaker but that doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem. It would just take a tiny soldering tip (I think).
I hardly ever notice the little flashing lights on my Radar D. going off and at speeds over 55, the wind noise eliminates hearing the alarm.
Just thought I would ask before I started cutting and twisting wires together.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
You'll need a mixer with priority on one of the inputs otherwise everything will play at once. Plug all devices into the mixer inputs and your headphones into the output. The input with priority will mute the other channel(s) when something comes over it. I've seen them somewhere but don't recall where it was.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Amplirider

has three inputs and one amplified ( with volume control ) output to your ear buds or whatever you use. I use mine with GPS, MP3, and you could use radar all at the same time. :D

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I think the J & M Integratr IV has that ability. www.jmcorp.com
I THINK. They connect mp3 players, cell phones, FRS radios, passenger intercom, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts