StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a radiator guard from Yann at Enduro Guardian last week and it arrived two days later. ($70 USD)

I liked this one as it only requires the removal of one bolt at the bottom (easily accessed) and it looks functional with full coverage.

The install on a stock bike would be 5 minutes, but I have Givi crash bars and the mount bar that connects to the top radiator bolts gets in the way, so I had to trim the top corners of the guard a little for clearance. I started out with a hacksaw but that was a pain, then went to my bench grinder and had both sides adjusted in 5 minutes, very quick.

The unit looks great on the bike and will deflect rocks and sticks well, certainly a huge improvement over a stock radiator which is just hanging out there waiting for a big rock to punch a hole through it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was looking at this guard and I too have the givi bars.... Any chance you could snap a pic of the modification needed?

·
Registered
387 Posts
+1 for the Enduro Guardian radiator guard. One bolt simple install (w/ OEM Adventure crash bars), solid protection and just looks like it belongs there!

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at this guard and I too have the givi bars.... Any chance you could snap a pic of the modification needed?
The guard needs to hook over the top of the radiator, so it needs to be able to raise slightly higher, but the Givi bracket is very close to radiator on both sides, and won't allow it.

When you see it, you will see how it needs to be modified to work. It is very simple. Any kind of cutter or grinder will do for the modification, you might even get away with bending it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Any reviews yet with some miles? The air flow looks more restrictive than previous guards I have used...just wondering if increased operating temperatures have been noticed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just ride faster to increase airflow. Seriously, have noticed no issues after a couple thousand miles of use. We have previously discussed the Vee 2 temperature indicator stays constant at three bars no matter what level of hell you ride your bike into. No change with this rad guard. Go for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts