StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to get my new parts in and installed. Ordered front and rear springs as well as both sets of front gold valves. Riding from New York to the tail of the dragon come spring and I have been trying to get all my "needed" mods done before the trip. So far so good. Anyone else running the race tech set up with gold valves? If so how do you like it and how does it compare to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You will notice a big difference in the handling and performance of the bike. :beatnik:

I have sonic springs along with racetech gold valves in the front and on the back shock I used a Hyperpro progressive spring. I wish that I would have done it sooner.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have race tech front internals and a race tech spring out back, internals done by pro-action on rear. Love the feel of the bike. Definitely a class upgrade

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got all my parts in from racetech, besides my rear spring that's on back order. Going to do the front springs and compression and rebound valves this Sunday. Can't wait to ride next week.

Reactions: T3/T4 Hybrid

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Just got all my parts in from racetech, besides my rear spring that's on back order. Going to do the front springs and compression and rebound valves this Sunday. Can't wait to ride next week.

I've been considering this for my 650XT so please let us know how the install went and how big of a difference it was in the feel and handling of the bike.

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
I've been considering this for my 650XT so please let us know how the install went and how big of a difference it was in the feel and handling of the bike.

So your keeping it for now? :wink2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Will do for sure, I've had all race tech parts in my last MX bike and it was amazing so I'm hoping I have the same outcome with the dl1000. Are you a New Yorker as well? I'm from long island.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So your keeping it for now? :wink2:

Lol yea, I'd like to think so. I keep getting the itch for a new bike but to be honest with you if I were trade one in it might be my 1000. The 650 really is the perfect bike IMO.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Will do for sure, I've had all race tech parts in my last MX bike and it was amazing so I'm hoping I have the same outcome with the dl1000. Are you a New Yorker as well? I'm from long island.

No, I live right next door in NJ. About 2 hours from you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I live right next door in NJ. About 2 hours from you.

Oh awesome, I've lived there once or twice in the past, I want to get out there and do some riding this summer.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Oh awesome, I've lived there once or twice in the past, I want to get out there and do some riding this summer.

You want to ride in NJ? You should head to upstate NY instead. There's no good riding around here. Very few at least.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You want to ride in NJ? You should head to upstate NY instead. There's no good riding around here. Very few at least.

I will be riding upstate for sure, but I like PA and have to pass through jersey to get there.

Reactions: NyMeTsFaN912

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I will be riding upstate for sure, but I like PA and have to pass through jersey to get there.

There, now you're talkin. PA is where I go when I need a good ride. Went out to Amish country for the first time last summer. Had to dodge horse shit and buggies through some of the back roads. Definitely a good ride though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There, now you're talkin. PA is where I go when I need a good ride. Went out to Amish country for the first time last summer. Had to dodge horse shit and buggies through some of the back roads. Definitely a good ride though.

Haha sounds fun! We have no legal spots to off road on Long Island, so the past 5 years I've been riding my dirt bike and atv in the coal mine region. Trails are very technical and rocky there, not sure the Vee can handle it but I'll find out a little lol. I wish there was some nice dirt roads where I live that we could legally ride on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently replaced my front fork springs and rear spring with ones from RaceTech spec'ed for my weight (225lbs).
My question is should I change from using factory air pressure in tires because of the suspension change? My gut says NO but looking for confirmation.
I also replaced factory Trailwings with the Metzler Tourance NEXT model F&R. Only put about 300 miles on since, but like the handling/feel changes from the springs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I recently replaced my front fork springs and rear spring with ones from RaceTech spec'ed for my weight (225lbs)....

I've never heard of lowering air pressure due to a suspension change. I've loved the way these mods transformed the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know that the feeling of anticipation fitting up after market suspension bits, I currently have my front forks in at the suspension guy & hope to pick them up tomorrow. From past experience getting good compression & rebound in the front is a winner.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wish there was some nice dirt roads where I live that we could legally ride on.

Well what you do is tell your little ole self you got only one life, this is it, it aint a practice run, and you shift to where you want to be !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've just recently gotten the gold valve and springs up front and just a rear spring upgrade. This is the best transformation of a bike. Now on to a tire that doesn't make the bike wobble at 40mph.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I've just recently gotten the gold valve and springs up front and just a rear spring upgrade. This is the best transformation of a bike. Now on to a tire that doesn't make the bike wobble at 40mph.

This is on a 650? Did you do the work yourself? If so, was it your first time and how hard was it? I'm thinking about starting with the font on my 650.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts