StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Race Tech and asked them about their Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit for 2012 DL650 and they said that they didn't have it yet. I've learned from this forum that this is the best front suspension mod (not that I really need it) but looks like I'll have to wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them several times but to no avail... I'll try again.
I read that the front and rear suspension on a new 2012 Wee were improved comparing to the old one. But I could never find any info about how it was improved. Do you know what was done?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I read that it was more preload in the front, heavier spring and different valving in the rear. I can't cite a source and I saw it only once.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On this forum I read so much about the rear shock modifications or swaps for a totally different shocks on pre 2012 Wees. If Suzuki put a heavier spring on a new DL650, maybe it's not worth it to improve it?
I have some very limited experience with the Wee.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
On this forum I read so much about the rear shock modifications or swaps for a totally different shocks on pre 2012 Wees. If Suzuki put a heavier spring on a new DL650, maybe it's not worth it to improve it?
I have some very limited experience with the Wee.
I put a HyperPro shock on my '07 after destroying the oem on a rough road in New Brunswick. The new shock on the '12 feels pretty good to me so far, but it has not yet been off the pavement.

The new forks feel okay, but I plan to put Ricor valves in them.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I just spoke to the guy from Ricor and he said they did not have any products specific for 2012 DL650. He said though that if the front forks on a new 2012 bike are the same 43 mm as it was on the older one, their Intiminators should fit.

43 MM Intiminator, fits 2004 and up DL650 V-Strom
There is no reason why the RaceTech or Ricor devices won't work in the new bike.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Ride the new bike before you do it.

I had emulators on my K6 because I couldn't live with the stock suspension, the 2012 - good enough on and off road - can't see any need to mess with it.

Now I'm not saying they won't help, they should, but it's whether there's going to be the big & obvious difference that there was on the old model.

Pete

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
I just called Race Tech and asked them about their Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit for 2012 DL650 and they said that they didn't have it yet. I've learned from this forum that this is the best front suspension mod (not that I really need it) but looks like I'll have to wait.

:) I have been shipping the SV Racing Parts, Race Tech Front Fork Springs and Gold Valve Emulators Package to 2012 DL650 owners and we have been installing them in the 2012 DL650 with no issues at all,

They are the same $255 all in Shipped Free Fork Springs and GVE Package as we have been providing our fellow Stromtroopers for so long on all the other DL650 models and years,

Email me Directly at [email protected] if you are interested in them,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts