StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here has one or used one? I've got a "Overfilled" garage according to the trophy wife and no where to house a Harbor Freight tire changer. The Rabaconda set's up and tears down quickly. I know it's a little spendy, but cheaper than another addition to the garage. What's been your experience? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
"Scuze me, How does a Trophy Wife even care a manicure about what happens in the garage?
If you make room for her Jag what else would she care?
Trophy Wife means you have the means to keep her!
I married a Homemaker and have had the 3 car to myself for 48 years.:wink2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
I started with an HF tire changer and a No Mar bar. Upgraded to a No Mar Classic. Had that for a few years and then ran into a great deal on a swing arm automatic tire changer. Life is now sweet. If space is an issue the No Mar can be hitch mounted so it can be broken down and stowed when not in use. A lot of the Adv type tires have pretty stiff side walls and can be a struggle to demount and mount.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've never used one but I watched the video of the stand in action. It's basically a bead breaker and a stand. You're still mounting and dismounting the tire with irons.
It is nice that you have owned some tire changers but you mentioned that you had seen a video if a new one in action.

Did the new one seem to be easy to use ?

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
It is nice that you have owned some tire changers but you mentioned that you had seen a video if a new one in action.

Did the new one seem to be easy to use ?
If you can or have changed a tire using tire irons, it's a marginally easier process, otherwise, I don't see the value in it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just wondering if anyone here has one or used one? I've got a "Overfilled" garage according to the trophy wife and no where to house a Harbor Freight tire changer. The Rabaconda set's up and tears down quickly. I know it's a little spendy, but cheaper than another addition to the garage. What's been your experience? Thanks in advance
I'm not sure what you're talking about? Perhaps you can post several pictures...one or two shots of the Rabaconda tire changer could be useful too...:grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
^ That's just a bead breaker and stand, so yeah tire irons after that. Might be fine for road tires, but no way would I try and mount E07's or K60's with irons. Been there, done that won't do it again.

Every time I use my HF w/Mojo Blocks and No Scuff tire tool I get it done a little faster with less grunt. Yes it takes up some room, but as stated a hitch mount would be the way to go and keep it out of the way when not in use. A 3' length of 2" receiver tube and a welder can fix you up pretty cheap. Make sure the stand is mounted at ground level so you can use the built in bead breaker...it's indispensable.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The Rabaconda too me is an over priced bead breaker. If room is an issue you can get stop-n-go bead breaker a few tire irons and set the wheel on a trash can to get it to a comfortable work height.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts